We got two more visits with our little jelly bean today. She coughed quite a bit at one point this morning and it was a little scary. She sounds like a cat having a hairball. She was crying when they brought her to us, but settled when it was time to eat….and wow did she eat!! She sucked her bottle down in 8 minutes! A record….I’ve never seen her so hungry before! We got a huge smile out of her today! She still seems to be under the weather a bit but at least she isn’t as sad as she was when she seemed really sick. Her fever was back up to 101.6 tonight L
We did get a chance to meet with the director this morning and although we don’t have all of our questions answered, we do know a little more. Apparently at the moment she has bronchitis…which makes sense. No history of pneumonia which makes me worry less about aspiration, but not rule it out completely. We know that she had an ultrasound of her heart on October 4th and at that time it was determined that she would have immediate surgery! However right after that appointment we committed to adopt her so they agreed she would have better care in the U.S. I am so happy they didn’t attempt surgery here…my heart just knows she wouldn’t have made it through with the differences in mecical care along with how fragile and tiny she is.
We are still unsure of what her heart defect is, which was one big question I was hoping to get answered. We were told they would give us all of her medical records after court tomorrow to have translated in the capital while we are home for our 10 day wait (I’m hoping I can get a copy and see if I have any luck getting them translated over the 10 day wait….getting Zoya’s records translated proved to be quite the task and we still only got bits and pieces of them translated). I was very happy to have my questions about her being in the infirmary answered though. She is in the infirmary as we suspected. When we asked why we were told it is because she is very weak and fragile due to her heart condition and very susceptible to getting sick. The director also told us there is a smaller ratio of babies to nurses and the staff in the infirmary is more highly qualified to care for children with medical needs. So at least we know she is in the best place she could be here. Although, I can’t say I’m not terrified about taking her out of there into so many new germy environments after spending her entire life in a sterile environment. We also did not find out what heart medication she is on but they promised to give us the name before we take her out and give us enough of a supply to get her home. We asked about having the ten day wait waived again due to her need for surgery and her fragile state and we were told it is not possible in this region L Several years ago it was allowed if the child needed surgery but since then the law has changed and this region makes no exceptions. It is obvious our little girl is in need of your continued prayers…I am terrified of the trip home, with her, I won’t lie. I will likely be doing the trip alone so prayers for her health and my peace can start now J
I’m not sure if I will have time to update tomorrow after court before getting on our train. So if you don’t see any update at all that’s hopefully good news! Praying that this time tomorrow we’ll officially be Mila’s parents! Tomorrow we are hoping the judge makes what we already know in our hearts official. At 4:30pm (10:30am Eastern Time) we will stand before a judge and petition to become Mila’s family. If you could stop and say a prayer for us around that time we would really appreciate it.