There are a million prayers floating around in my head at any given moment. So I thought I could enlist some of you to help pray for some specific things.
1. Pray that God would prepare Zoya's heart to be away from us for a 2-3 week period for our first trip (I cried just typing that). She has never been away from us for more than a workday and she does like her routine, so I pray that God would begin preparing her heart now and protect her heart, allowing her to feel safe, during the time we are gone. And also for our hearts as they will ache in a way words can't describe being away from her for so long.
2. Pray that Laina's heart condition is not serious enough to require immediate surgery, which would mean she would have to have it there. If it less serious and can wait she will have it when she comes home. As hard as it will be for us to see her go through open heart surgery, it would be best for her here to recover with her family in a house full of love and not a hospital and an orphanage.
3. Pray that our paperwork process would go smoothly and quickly so we can get to our girl sooner and she can get the medical care she needs sooner. We are really hoping we can travel in the fall. Every day less for this sweet angel in the orphanage is a day to be loved on by her family.
4. Pray that the financial need for this adoption will be covered.
5. Pray for her birth family and their selfless act of trusting us to become parents to their daughter. I cannot imagine how difficult it will be for them to say goodbye to her. I pray that they will feel a sense of peace and hope in giving their daughter a new life with her new family in America. Pray that God will give us the words to say that they need to hear. Pray for our first meeting with them.